PARAGOULD, Ark. – Arkansas Methodist Medical Center was temporarily evacuated Thursday morning around 9:45 a.m. after fire alarms went off, prompting Paragould Fire Department to respond.
Update 2 p.m.: The sections evacuated included only the POB building, sources at the scene indicate.
NEA Report reached out to the Paragould Fire Department. A representative said it was a false alarm and appeared to have been caused by a malfunction of some sorts – possibly a faulty smoke detector.
At about 10 a.m., the hospital began to let everyone back inside.
Rachel Clifton sent several photos to NEA Report.