Cumulative Confirmed Cases: 2,938
Total Active Cases: 1,905
Total Tested: 39,327
Source: ADH Website
NEA County Numbers:
- Randolph County: 15 positive, 9 recoveries, 472 negative
- Clay County: 2 positive, 0 recoveries, 132 negative
- Cleburne County: 72 positive, 52 recoveries, 147 negative, 4 deaths
- Craighead County: 62 positive, 33 recoveries, 718 negative, 1 death
- Crittenden County: 170 positive, 82 recoveries, 968 negative, 5 deaths
- Fulton County: 1 positive, 0 recoveries, 51 negative
- Greene County: 14 positive, 4 recoveries, 550 negative
- Independence County: 9 positive, 4 recoveries, 141 negative
- Jackson County: 1 positive, 1 recoveries, 59 negative
- Lawrence County: 41 positive, 2 recoveries, 236 negative, 1 death
- Mississippi County: 11 positive, 8 recoveries, 112 negative
- Poinsett County: 14 positive, 6 recoveries, 83 negatives
- Sharp County: 2 positives, 2 recoveries, 31 negative
- Don’t see your county? Click here to find it on ADH’s map.
United States: 941,628 positive
54,024 have died.
Global: 2,920,660 positive
203,670 have died.
Source: Johns Hopkins University
Tracking the Growth
The latest numbers have been added to graphics by our friend Dr. Pat Carroll, who is helping us track new cases and active cases by date.
Governor to allow elective surgeries again starting Monday
Effective Monday, April 27, Governor Hutchinson will lift restrictions on elective surgical procedures for Arkansas hospital and medical providers. These will not be patients who need overnight stays. They will be required to have no symptoms of COVID-19 or contact with anyone who is positive for the 14 days prior. They must be healthy and procedures will begin with limitations on numbers to slowly grow back to capacity.
The governor said May 4 is the target date to begin lifting social distancing restrictions, provided that cases are still growing at a slow rate. He said he intends to continue reviewing data and set several dates of note:
- April 29, an announcement on reopening restaurants will be made.
- April 30, an announcement will be made with regard to gyms.
- May 1, an announcement will be made regarding beauty and barber salons..
- May 4, an announcement regarding places of worship and larger congregations of gathering size
Some have reached out to NEA Report to ask if tattoo shops and nail salons would be included in the May 1 announcements. The governor’s office told us indeed to expect announcements regarding those on the same day as salons.
Dental procedures planned to resume on May 18
Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson announced Friday that dental procedures are planned to resume on May 18. He called it a goal and said it could change but indicated plans were, as of now, for business to begin resuming in that field on May 18.
Check back and refresh this article for the latest numbers and updates on Sunday, April 26, throughout the day.