3 total views, 1 views today
JONESBORO, Ark. – Don’t leave anything valuable in your vehicle overnight or you might wake up to find it stolen the next day.
Over the Dec. 1 weekend in Jonesboro, a large number of vehicle break-ins were reported. Not all of the reports were available, which is why we don’t have the times of all the incidents alleged. All of these reports were made with police over the three day period.
Starting with the earliest, here is a list of all of the break-ins reported to Jonesboro Police Department as of Monday morning.
- 100-block of Melrose Street, vehicle broken into and property stolen
- 4700-block of Morton Drive, vehicle entered and property stolen sometime between 8 AM and 8 PM on November 30.
- 1300-block of South Church, vehicle window busted and purse stolen sometime between 1:30 AM and 7:30 AM on December 1.
- 200-block of South Main Street, vehicle entered and computer stolen sometime between 8 AM and 4 PM on November 25
- 1900-block of Village Drive, vehicle window busted and purse stolen sometime between midnight and 8 AM on November 30
- 900-block of Links Circle, vehicle window busted and back pack stolen
- 300-block of South Allis Street, vehicle broken into
- Meltzer Road, suspect reportedly seen breaking into vehicles
(reports taken below are after Saturday)
- 1100-block of Kitchen Street, vehicle broken into and wallet stolen
- 100-block of Holmes Road, vehicle entered
- 700-block of Olive Street, vehicle entered and documents stolen
Although the individual thefts could be charges by themselves, the act of breaking into a victim’s vehicle is a felony charge.
If you can help police determine who might have been responsible for any of these crimes, contact JPD’s criminal investigation division at 870-935-6710.
You can also anonymously report crime to Crimestoppers at 870-935-STOP.