Reports released Tuesday
- A vehicle break-in happened sometime between midnight and 10:00 AM at a masked location in Jonesboro, involving a vehicle window being broken and items stolen.
- A vehicle break-in happened between Sunday and Monday evening at the 1800-block of Hall Street.
- A car was broken into at the 3700-block of Kristi Lake Drive and, oddly, a camera was left in the car that did not belong to the vehicle’s owner.
A man was arrested Monday afternoon in Jonesboro allegedly in possession of 17 grams of meth and with a warrant for his arrest from out of town. Matthew Dayne Johnson, 32, of Jonesboro, was arrested by JPD assisting parole/probation at the 3000-block of Highway 463. He also faces a fleeing charge.
A green 2003 Chevy Tahoe was stolen sometime after 7:30 AM but before 2:30 PM Monday from the 1200-block of West Oak Avenue.
Someone busted out the windows of a Volks Beetle between Sunday and Monday at the 1000-block of West Huntington Avenue.
A residential burglary and felony theft was reported between Sunday evening and Monday evening at the 3100-block of Mead Drive.
A four-wheeler was stolen between Sunday and Monday morning at the 4900-block of South Culberhouse Street.
Reports released Wednesday
An apartment was illegally entered at the 2000-block of West Nettleton Avenue and a laptop stolen. It happened between 8 AM and 10 PM Monday.
A call Tuesday in the Fox Meadow area in reference to a male walking through backyards and appearing to be intoxicated led to an arrest of a man with a warrant for his arrest and for violating parole. Jeffrey Vaulner, 40, of Jonesboro, was arrested for fleeing as well. It happened around noon at the 5000-block of South Stadium.
A front door was kicked open and theft committed at the 2300-block of Clark Street, a report Tuesday afternoon said. Between 1 and 2 PM, someone entered the home illegally and stole a 40 caliber pistol, along with causing damage.
A 69-year-old woman was injured Tuesday afternoon at the 2400-block of Old Greensboro Road after she exited the vehicle without placing it in park and walked behind it. The vehicle ran over her. It wasn’t clear to what extent the injuries were.
A suspect who picked the wrong victim
A suspect who attempted to steal items from the bed of a truck didn’t realize who the truck belonged to: The FBI. It happened at about 3:44 PM at the 2400-block of East Highland Drive when a suspect allegedly attempted to remove a pair of Muck Boots from the bed of a blue 2020 Chevy Silverado – belonging to the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
While the most significant portions of the report are masked, other officers later made contact with the suspect. Andrew Lane Johnson, 32, of Jonesboro, was arrested on charges that included an out of town warrant, theft, fleeing, obstructing governmental operations, reckless driving, and driving with a suspended license.
- A vehicle break-in happened sometime after midnight early Tuesday at the 900-block of Owens Avenue.
- A vehicle was broken into between 5 PM and 8:45 PM at the 2500-block of Glenn Pl. Items were stolen.
- A vehicle was broken into between Tuesday night and Wednesday morning at the 4500-block of Antosh Circle, with a gun being stolen.
- A vehicle was broken into between 3 AM and 7:30 AM at the 800-block of West Nettleton. A Bluetooth speaker and sunglasses were taken.
A vehicle was reported stolen Tuesday night from the Links. A maroon 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix with a crack on the front windshield was taken.
Around 11 PM, a report was made at the 4500-block of Antosh Circle in Jonesboro of a woman’s Chrysler 300 being wrecked after an attempted theft. The woman said her neighbor told her her car was wrecked by an unknown black male.
Be the first to comment