Father Accused of Stalking Daughter, Threatening Violence

JONESBORO, Ark. — A Tyronza suspect was arrested after police said he stalked his 20-year-old daughter, sent threatening messages to others and falsely reported that she was in danger at a residence in Jonesboro.

Robert L. McClain, 52, of Tyronza, was arrested May 22 on charges of first-degree stalking, a Class B felony; first-degree terroristic threatening, a Class D felony; and communicating a false alarm, a misdemeanor.

According to a probable cause affidavit, the alleged victim reported May 17 that she had recently moved out of her father’s home. Since then, police said, McClain had repeatedly shown up at her new residence, told her to speak with him before he entered her home and turned in the middle of the night.

The victim also reported that McClain had called police and claimed she was at a stranger’s home on Gee Street and was in trouble. According to the affidavit, the location was actually the home of the victim’s mother, McClain’s ex-wife, and McClain knew the address at the time.

Police said McClain had no reason to believe the victim was in danger. Jonesboro police responded to the call on April 24.

The affidavit also states witnesses provided screenshots of multiple messages they had received from McClain. Police said the messages threatened to shoot various people if the victim did not call or text him back.

Family members also told investigators McClain keeps a firearm on him or nearby at all times, according to the affidavit. Police said McClain also stated he sent threatening messages to his daughter to “intimidate” her into doing what he wanted her to do.

On May 20, the affidavit says, McClain spoke with his daughter on the phone and told her he was out of state and would not return for a week or more.

McClain was arrested around 7 a.m. May 22 as he left his home in Tyronza.

Bail was set at $250,000 cash or surety. Court records also show an ankle monitor was ordered, a mental health evaluation was requested before his release and a no-contact order was put in place.

McClain’s next court date is July 30.

All suspects are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.


Discover more from NEA Report

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

Be the first to comment

What do you think?