Reports released Tuesday
Numerous reports lately have been filed detailing hit and runs in Jonesboro (leaving the scene of an accident). It’s a misdemeanor if no one is injured but even minor injuries makes it a felony.
A report around 2 PM Monday alleged felony theft in the form of a $10,000 truck trailer that was never delivered to the destination after being paid for. It was reported to have occurred at the 2800-block of Great Dane. The complainant was from El Paso, Texas.
A report filed around 3 PM Monday alleges that a former employee was embezzling large amounts of money from a business to fund her daughter’s salon.
The report was filed by local real estate broker Eric Burch, who stated one of his ex-employees had been embezzling money from his business to fund construction and improvements to “her” daughter’s salon business.
No suspect information was visible in the report – except that the suspect was female.
A vehicle was stolen from a parking lot sometime between Sunday night and Monday evening at the 500-block of North Caraway Road. It was described as a black 2008 Chevy Impala four-door.
A report filed Monday evening alleged second degree sexual assault in the form of inappropriate touching by an adult male subject on an adult female. No other details were released.
Authorities arrested a man who was intoxicated and suspected of breaking into vehicles Monday night in Jonesboro. Before 9 PM at the 4700-block of Samantha Drive, Preston Jack Davis, 19, of Jonesboro, was arrested. Officers had to threaten to use force including a K9 to get him to comply, the report said.
A male suspect faces felonies including second offense domestic battery and first degree terroristic threatening after a report alleged he broke into a home Monday night after 11 PM at the 900-block of French Street. Daveyonn Alexander Berry, 25, of Jonesboro, was arrested.
A report alleged a man pointed a gun at a victim in an early Tuesday morning altercation at the 600-block of Gladiolus Drive. Jalen Damarcus Patton, 23, of Jonesboro, was arrested along with Maxwell Lloyd, 19, of Jonesboro. Patton faces an aggravated assault on family member charge while Lloyd faces a theft by receiving: firearm charge.
Reports Released Wednesday
A man was arrested at Regions Bank Tuesday for allegedly attempting to cash a fraudulent check. Tracey Wonsley, 44, of Jonesboro, was arrested.
The door to a residence at the 3400-block of Meador Road was kicked in between Monday and Tuesday and money stolen.
A traffic stop Tuesday evening at the 300-block of Hurricane Drive (in the JHS parking lot) resulted in a stolen handgun being recovered. Jakaylen Nathaniel Jackson, 21, of Jonesboro, was arrested.
A residential burglary was reported around 10 PM Tuesday at the 3400-block of Parkwood Road, in which a suspect kicked a door in a walked into a home.
An aggravated robbery was reported around midnight Tuesday at the parking lot at the corner of Huntington and Main Street. Police were told a suspect grabbed a firearm, pointed at the victim, and stole from him. The victim was a juvenile.
An alleged rape was reported early Wednesday in Jonesboro. The report said the victim asked the suspect to stop during sexual intercourse but he did not stop.
A residential burglary was reported shortly before 6 AM Wednesday at the 3400-block of Parkwood Road. Thomas Deshawn Rogers, 24, of Jonesboro, was arrested.
Vehicle Break-Ins (Both Days)
- A window was broken and vehicle entered sometime between midnight and 8 AM Monday morning at the 1900-block of Winesap Road
- A vehicle break-in was reported around 10:30 AM at the 600-block of West Oak Avenue.
- A vehicle was broken into at the 1000-block of Peggy Drive, a report filed after 4 PM Monday said.
- A car window was broken out between Sunday and Monday at the 4700-block of Krueger Drive
- Between Monday night and Tuesday morning, a vehicle-break in happened at the 900-block of Scott Street
- Another was reported between Monday and Tuesday at the 4400-block of Countrybrook Drive
- A vehicle break-in happened early Wednesday before 1 AM at the 200-block of North Bridge
- Items were stolen from a vehicle between Tuesday night and Wednesday morning at the 2200-block of Parkside Drive
- A gun was stolen from a vehicle between Tuesday night and Wednesday morning at the 1400-block of Belt Street.
Be the first to comment