JONESBORO, Ark. – Mayor Harold Perrin announced Thursday that Small Business Emergency Grants are available to small Jonesboro businesses during the coronavirus pandemic.
Grant assistance of $1,000 to $10,000 can be used for payroll, personal protective equipment, and/or rent and utility payments.
Applications for eligible small businesses can be submitted July 1 through 4 p.m. July 31.
The following rules will determine eligibility:
- Only for-profit businesses with staffs of three to 20.
- Businesses must have been established for two years with City of Jonesboro privilege licensure.
- Businesses must have DUNS numbers and be registered with the System for Award Management. To register, go online to www.sam.gov/SAM/
- Must create or retain at least one part-time or full-time permanent job to a low- to moderate-income employee.
- Must provide proof that the business was affected by COVID-19 and that no other grant, loan or assistance for COVID-19 relief has been received.
The City of Jonesboro will receive allocation for these grants from HUD as part of the CARES Act through the Community Development Block Grant program. HUD has not yet released the funding.