2,030 total views, 1 views today
JONESBORO, Ark. – Election Day for the sales tax issue in Jonesboro has finally arrived.
Voters are being asked to raise taxes by one-percent to fund police and fire (50%) and quality of life projects (mosquito control, parks, things to do – 50%).
Polling is from 7:30 AM to 7:30 PM at locations across Jonesboro:
- First National Bank Arena, lower red entrance (ASU)
- Allen Park Community Center (3609 Race Street)
- Earl Bell Community Center (1212 S Church Street)
- Forest Home Church of the Nazarene (2400 Ritter Drive)
- Nettleton Baptist Church (7001 East Johnson)
- Parker Park Community Center (1522 N Church Street)
- Philadelphia Fire Station (106 Craighead Road 107)
- Valley View Church of Christ (4500 Southwest Drive)
- Walnut Street Baptist Church (1910 Scenic Road)
Jonesboro residents can cast ballots at ANY location above on Tuesday.
Another 1,393 people early voted on Monday, the last day to early vote. That’s more than any other day of early voting so far.
In total, 6,273 early voted in the special election. It’s a high turnout, as Craighead County Clerk Kade Holliday has said.