JONESBORO, Ark. – An argument on Facebook became a serious crime sending several to the hospital Monday in Jonesboro.
The report from Jonesboro Police Department outlines how the incident began, according to witnesses. One of the victims, a minor, said everything started with an argument about a boy. The victim said the suspect, Liberty Abby Marie Torrez, 18, of Osceola, promised to show up at 3 p.m. to “fight her.” However, Torrez did not show up until 6 p.m. and according to the report, it was with bad intentions.
Arriving with several passengers, Torrez was reported to have begun arguing with a victim at the victim’s residence. After backing out, the victim walked toward the car and continued arguing. Witnesses described Torrez as letting the passengers out, driving northbound, and striking several victims.
However, it did not stop there.
The suspect vehicle continued northbound, turned around, and went back in the original direction. Once again, the vehicle reportedly struck the victims again.
Officers learned Torrez later made a Facebook post allegedly boasting of intentionally hitting the victims with her car. According to the officer’s report, “Torrez continued that the next time, it wouldn’t be her car – it would be a ‘9,’” possibly in reference to a 9mm handgun.
Torrez, who had returned home to Osceola, was arrested and held by Osceola Police Department. She was transferred to the custody of JPD and faces felony charges of second degree battery and aggravated assault. Her car, a 2016 Kia Rio, was impounded for evidence processing.
Several victims were hospitalized with minor injuries from the incident:
- One woman was taken to St. Bernard’s Medical Center by Emerson Ambulance Service for injuries to her neck, back and a sprained ankle.
- A minor with injuries to her upper lip, head, and left leg was transported to NEA Baptist Memorial Hospital by Medic One.
- Another minor, also taken to Baptist Memorial by Medic One, had an injury to her left leg, neck and back.
- A fourth victim was taken to Baptist Memorial by Emerson with injuries to her right foot and neck.
- A fifth victim with an injured right ankle was taken to Baptist Memorial by Emerson, too.
Photo Source: Craighead County Sheriff’s Office
Be the first to comment