Tag: Breaking News

Craig Rickert gone from KAIT

JONESBORO, Ark. – A long-time KAIT news anchor is finished with Region 8 News and sources indicate the split was not mutual.

Craig Rickert is nowhere to be seen on either Region 8 News broadcasts or the kait8.com website. Several sources indicate he was fired by the Raycom Media-owned television station amid controversy. 

Rickert has been one of two primary faces of the K8 News/Region 8 News brand for many years, joining KAIT in 2002, according to his (now deleted) KAIT profile. However, sometime in the past several days, references to the anchor were removed from kait8.com. Rickert’s profile was also deactivated, with the original link now leading to a deactivated page. However, archived versions of the page were available from Web.Archive.Org (the Wayback Machine). Continue reading “Craig Rickert gone from KAIT”

Jonesboro police arrest murder suspect from Saturday shooting

JONESBORO, Ark. – The police in Jonesboro worked swiftly over the weekend to bring an accuse killer to justice.

On Sunday, Jonesboro police arrested a suspect on a charge of capital murder in connection with Saturday morning’s slaying of a Jonesboro man.

Shortly before 6:30 Sunday afternoon, officers arrested Kentrall Williams, 30, at 1813 Cedar Heights Drive on a bench warrant charging him with capital murder. Williams is accused of Saturday morning’s shooting death of Kerry Kindred Jr., 26, of Jonesboro. Continue reading “Jonesboro police arrest murder suspect from Saturday shooting”

Man killed in shooting; JPD searching for suspect

JONESBORO, Ark. – Jonesboro police are investigating a shooting incident that claimed the life of Jonesboro man early Saturday morning (4/22/17).

911 Dispatchers received several calls at approximately 12:52 a.m. Saturday morning from residents of the Marshall Street area who reported hearing multiple gunshots. Continue reading “Man killed in shooting; JPD searching for suspect”

Quintana pleads guilty to murdering wife; sentenced

PARAGOULD, Ark. – The man who planned the murder of his wife because he didn’t want anyone else to have her will most likely be in jail for the rest of his life.

Charles Quintana, 58, of Paragould, was sentenced to 50 years in the Arkansas Department of Corrections on Thursday, April 20, 2017, for the murder-for-hire plot he orchestrated in Dec. 2015 to take the life of his estranged wife, Stacy Quintana. Quintana was sentenced to 40 years for first degree murder and 10 years for robbery, District Prosecutor Scott Ellington told NEA Report. He must serve 70 percent of the murder term and 25 percent of the robbery term before he is eligible for parole, meaning he will be in his 90s before having a chance of walking free. Continue reading “Quintana pleads guilty to murdering wife; sentenced”

Man convicted of murder

BLYTHEVILLE, Ark. – District Prosecuting Attorney Scott Ellington announces that this afternoon a Mississippi County Jury sitting in Blytheville found Anfernee Wells, 27 of Blytheville, guilty of Murder in the First Degree, in the shooting death of Vincent Stone, 22 of Blytheville, at Williams Park on June 22, 2015.  

“The jury was made up of four men and eight women,” Ellington said. “Judge Melissa Richardson followed the jury’s recommendation of forty (40) years in the Arkansas Department of Corrections.” 

The State was represented by Deputy Prosecutors Curtis Walker and Gina Knight. 

Ellington said, “I really appreciate Curtis and Gina picking up this case with Will Thompson’s recent departure for the U.S. Air Force. The worked many hours to get this case ready for this term.” 

Wells’s co-defendant Daniel Johnson was previously found guilty by a jury on 4-20-16 and sentenced to life.

Press Release