JONESBORO, Ark. – A man was found to have a stolen gun and over 14 pounds of pot during a parole search Friday in Jonesboro.
Investigators with the Jonesboro Police Department Street Crimes Unit conducted a Parole Search of 610 S. Culberhouse Street Apartment 2 on Friday, June 29, 2018. Nathaniel Rhodes, 35, resided in the apartment and attempted to flee from officers prior to the search, a release said.
Rhodes was taken into custody before he could escape.
Investigators then discovered 6,663 grams of suspected marijuana, which is over 14 pounds. Three sets of digital scales, $27,873 in cash and a loaded handgun that had previously been reported as stolen were also found.
Rhodes was transported to the Craighead County Jail and left in their custody with the follow charges:
- Simultaneous Possession of drugs and firearms -Class Y Felony
- Possession of Firearm by Certain Person Class B Felony
- Possession of Schedule VI Drugs with Purpose to Deliver Class C Felony
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Class D Felony
- Theft by Receiving Firearm Class D Felony
- Resisting Arrest – Class A Misdemeanor
Nathaniel Rhodes is awaiting a Probable Cause Hearing at this time.
Press release and photo – Cpl. David McDaniel, JPD