JONESBORO, Ark. – Sobriety checkpoints will be in Jonesboro Friday and Saturday, June 30 and July 1, a news release from Jonesboro Police Department said Wednesday. Here is the release:
Jonesboro police will be participating in the statewide Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over Campaign that will run from June 30 to July 4. As a part of that effort to keep impaired drivers off the road, Jonesboro police also will be conducting sobriety checkpoints at various locations in the city on Friday June 30 and Saturday July 1.
If your Independence Day weekend plans include alcohol, here are some tips to help keep you and others safe.
- Plan ahead by designating a completely sober driver to get everyone home safely or plan to call a cab. If you don’t, you will likely get a ride from a police officer, but that ride will be very expensive and you won’t like the destination – the county jail.
- Never accept a drink from someone you don’t know and trust.
- Set a ‘party safe’ limit for how many drinks you are going to have and stick to it.
- Never leave your drink unattended. If you leave your drink unattended, get a new one.
- Don’t drink anything that has an unusual taste or appearance.
- Remember, saying ‘no’ is absolutely fine. Many people choose not to drink alcoholic beverages.
Press Release – Paul Holmes, JPD
Support us on Patreon