Paragould Man Accused of Stealing TV From Walmart Despite Ban

PARAGOULD, Ark. — A Paragould man is accused of stealing a television from Walmart after having been previously banned from all of the company’s properties, according to a probable cause affidavit from the Paragould Police Department.

On May 15, a Walmart employee at the store on West Kingshighway told officers they observed Eddy R. Chapman select a TV and leave without paying. The employee stopped Chapman outside the store and contacted police.

Police said Chapman had been banned from all Walmart locations following a theft incident in December 2021. He was taken into custody and is accused of commercial burglary, a Class C felony, and theft of property, a Class A misdemeanor.

(b)
(1) A person commits commercial burglary if he or she enters or remains unlawfully in a
commercial occupiable structure of another person with the purpose of committing in the
commercial occupiable structure any offense punishable by imprisonment.
(2) Commercial burglary is a Class C felony.

Source – Justia

Judge Dan Stidham set bail at $25,000 cash or surety and issued a no-contact order barring Chapman from returning to Walmart.

All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.


Discover more from NEA Report

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

Be the first to comment

What do you think?