JONESBORO, Ark. – Natural Grocers will open a new store in Jonesboro, Arkansas in the first half of 2017, bringing 18 jobs to the community.
The new 25,000 square foot store will anchor the Caraway Plaza shopping center located at 1315 South Caraway Road at the corner of Caraway Road and Nettleton Avenue.
The center is managed by Halsey Thrasher Harpole Commercial Real Estate, who brokered the deal to bring Natural Grocers to Northeast Arkansas. “We are so excited about Natural Grocers coming to Jonesboro,” said HTH Managing Partner Gary Harpole. “This is one of those times when an overwhelming desire of the market gets met by a leading national company. Every survey, formal or informal, that has been conducted in this market asking people what kind of retail development they want to see has resulted in a call for a company like Natural Grocers. They are an incredible operator with an outstanding reputation and history. This is a big day for Jonesboro and Northeast Arkansas.”
Natural Grocers employs more than 3,000 people and operates 130 stores in 19 states. The company already has stores in Fayetteville and Little Rock.
Natural Grocers will be hiring store leadership, department managers, cashiers and a Nutritional Health Coach. Candidates must be at least 18 years of age. Applicants can apply for consideration at https://www.naturalgrocers.com/about/careers/.
What makes Natural Grocers a great place to work?
Just like its dedication to its customers and community, Natural Grocers has a 61 year history of caring for employees.
As part of the company’s five founding principles, Natural Grocers supports all employees by offering:
- Competitive pay, including the exclusive Natural Grocers Vitamin Bucks program, which provides employees an extra $1 per hour worked of in-store spending money.
- Birthday bonuses equal to 1 day’s pay, which originated from founder Margaret Isely’s tradition of celebrating the birthdays of all employees by preparing lunch for them.
- Once the company became larger, her children, the current executives of the company, implemented the policy of providing each employee with a full day’s pay on their birthday to say “thank you for working with us.”
- Company-wide store discounts and credits of up to 30% on all Natural Grocers products, which provides employees substantial savings on high quality groceries and supplements and helps them retain more of the dollars they earn.
- Natural Grocers also offers comprehensive benefits packages to the over 80% of its employees who are full time, including medical, dental and vision insurance; flexible spending and health savings accounts; short- and long-term disability and life insurance; a 401K savings plan; generous paid time off; and extensive free nutrition education programs.
“Commitment to our employees has always been a top priority — it is one of the founding principles on which we base our business practices,” said Kemper Isely, co-president of Natural Grocers. “We cannot properly serve our customers without our talented staff and nutrition experts. The crew we’re putting in place in Jonesboro will be the experts in their field and will bring a great deal of knowledge and value to the Natural Grocers family and the local community.”
Natural Grocers will provide the community with fresh produce that is 100% USDA Certified Organic, naturally raised meats, pasture-based dairy products, free-range and pasture-based eggs as well as other healthy, affordable, organic and natural products. The store will feature a mix of national brands and a selection of locally produced products in a small, neighborhood market environment. The store will also feature a Nutritional Health Coach and offer free nutrition education classes to the public.
About Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage
Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, Inc. (NYSE: NGVC; NaturalGrocers.com) is a rapidly expanding specialty retailer of organic and natural groceries, body care and dietary supplements. The company offers a flexible, neighborhood-store format, affordable prices and free, science-based nutrition education programs to help customers make informed health and nutrition choices. Founded in Colorado in 1955, Natural Grocers has over 3,000 employees and operates 130 stores in 19 states.