"Pickle" to face charges in Race Street shooting

A Jonesboro Police Department patrol car. Photo by Stan Morris.

JONESBORO, Ark. – “Pickle” is in a real pickle.

The suspect in the September 16 shooting on Race Street has been booked into Craighead County Detention Center, according to the sheriff’s office. Thomas Lee “Pickle” Razor, 19, of Jonesboro, will join a minor, Kentarrian Washington, who is already charged with several counts of criminal attempt to commit murder and a litany of other felonies.

Both men, likely to face many of the same charges, face life in prison along with hundreds of stacked years under the maximum sentencing guidelines.

Razor was arrested by U.S. Marshals in north Memphis on Sept. 29.

Police believe Razor and Washington, also known as “LitJay Dashoota,” shot two men during a robbery.

It was early morning, 1:57 a.m., on Sept. 16 when officers were called to Race Street over reports of as few as three and as many as six shots being fired. Neighbors heard the rattling incident, quickly reporting it to 911 dispatchers. While officers pieced together the details, another officer would have an unexpected encounter nearby.

At 2:21 a.m., while an officer was on a traffic stop at Johnson Avenue and Airport Road, a car pulled up, with the driver, Brianna Meagher, telling the officer three victims were shot. Joshua Cherrith, Eichiie Moore, and Dequantez Lawless were the passengers in the vehicle. The officer noticed two of the men each had been shot in the head. They were taken to NEA Baptist Hospital.

According to the probable cause affidavit, Meager told the officer she had driven the other three victims to a house on Race Street. While at the house, two men came out of the house, according to her statement, and began shooting at them and their car as they were driving away.

One of the passengers, Cherrith, told officers he went to the house for a dice game, when he was met by Razor. According to Cherrith’s statement, Razor hit him in the head and pulled a gun out to rob him. Cherrith said he fought back until a second suspect came up, put a gun under his chin, and told him to “give up the money or he would kill him.” He was robbed of $600.

It was then Cherrith said he left the residence, trying to get the homeowner to get his money back for him. However, the suspects, also having left the residence, told the victims to leave. As the victims got into the car and began to leave, they reported the two suspects began shooting at them and the car. Two of the victims were shot in the head.

Cherrith also told police the second suspect was only known through Facebook as “Lit Jay

“LitJay Dashoota”


A statement from September 18 at 9:17 p.m. on LitJay Dashoota’s profile says the following:

“Niggas got so much to say when I go to jail not knowing half of what went on but I’m good tho because I can accept my consequences but speak true facts on this situation..????????IM INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY??????#freeme##”

Other posts on the profile as recently as this week indicate it may be managed by a female.

Authorities identified Kenterrian Washington of Blytheville as “LitJay Dashoota.” One of the victims indicated Washington had shot someone in Blytheville, recently. He was seen leaving a residence on Cotton Street later in the same day and taken into custody. At the time of his arrest, a Ruger 9mm semi-automatic pistol was retrieved from his waistband. Police said it was similar to the one used in the shooting.


When interviewed, Washington told authorities he was at the house and had shot the car. However, he told police Cherrith was trying to rob Razor and he came up to Cherrith, putting the gun under his jaw, as Cherrith had also described but in much different circumstances.

Washington also told police when he and Razor had come out of the house and told the others to leave, one of the men fired a shot at them. He said that is why he and Razor began shooting at the car.

However, according to police, none of the evidence on the scene or witness statements show that a shot was fired at the suspects.

Washington is charged with four counts of criminal attempt to commit murder in the first degree. Each is a class A felony, punishable by up to 30 years in prison and a $15,000 fine. He also is charged with two class B felony counts of first degree battery with purpose of causing serious injury. Both of those charges could bring 20 years each and up to a $15,000 fine. Washington also faces two class Y felony charges – terroristic act, and aggravated robbery, which both individually could 40 year prison terms, or up to life in prison.

Washington faces up to 240 years in prison across all charges, up to a $90,000 fine, and additionally, two possible life sentences from the class Y felonies.

He will be in court October 31 at 8:30 a.m.

1 Comment

What do you think?